Bluehost Review: Is Their Web Hosting Right For You?
A BlueHost Review For You
Bluehost is one of the world’s largest web hosting companies. Choosing a web host can be confusing with so many different companies competing for your business. What makes Bluehost special and different from any other web hosting option? In this review, we’ll be looking at some of this company’s features, pros and cons and whether it provides a good overall value for web hosting.
- Bluehost has been offering web hosting since 1996, and is now used by more than two million websites around the world.
- Bluehost operates its own data centers, as opposed to using outsourced technology as many companies do.
- Offers a variety of web hosting options, from shared hosting to dedicated servers.
- Web hosting plans start at less than $4 per month.
- Shared web hosting plans offer features such as unlimited storage and domains, $200 bonuses, free domain registration, money back guarantee and 24/7 support.
- Bluehost allows customers to install scripts such as WordPress with a single click. You can also install applications that are useful for online businesses, such as shopping carts.
Pros and Cons of Bluehost
Like any web hosting company, there are both pros and cons to Bluehost web hosting. Let’s start off with the good:
- Cheap -Depending on what kind of specials are currently running, Bluehost often has web hosting plans for as low as $3.95 per month. It’s hard to beat that price with a large and experienced web host.
- Good Support -You can reach Bluehost support anytime, by phone, live chat or email. Their staff is knowledgeable and fluent in English, which is not always the case when you call large companies nowadays.
- Money Back Guarantee -All plans come with a 30 day money back guarantee. After that, you can still get a prorated refund at any time.
- Scalable -With so many types of hosting, you can easily upgrade within Bluehost if your website or business grows. You can, for example upgrade to a Business Plus, VPS, Dedicated hosting or reseller hosting.
- WordPress Friendly -Bluehost is known for its compatibility with WordPress. You can install this popular blogging and CMS application with one click. If you want a more secure and faster WP site, you can even get Bluehost’s WordPress web hosting plan.
- Bonuses -Web hosting plans come with $50 – $200 in bonuses, depending on which plan you choose. This includes advertising credits with Google and Facebook. Bluehost also offers free and paid apps, including Google Apps and integration with Weebly.
Bluehost does have some improving to do, including:
- Only Linux Servers -Most customers are happy with Linux servers, but if you are seeking Windows servers for some reason, you cannot get these with Bluehost.
- Migration Cost -While some web hosting companies will migrate your website to their servers for free, Bluehost charges almost $100 for this service.
- No Monthly Payment Plans -While Bluehost offers cheap plans, you must pay up front for at least a year. You get an even better deal if you sign up for 2 or 3 years. They don’t, however, let you pay month to month, which can be a drawback if you are low on cash.
Hosting Plans & Cost
While Bluehost offers quite a few different web hosting choices, the majority of its customers opt for shared hosting, the least expensive choice. Bluehost offers three shared hosting plans -Starter, Plus and Business Pro. Let’s look at some of the main features offered by each of these web hosting plans.
- Starter -This plan allow you to have one or two websites, but includes unlimited storage and bandwidth. Although you can only have two domains with this plan, you can have up to 25 sub domains. It also provides 500 MB of email storage.
- Plus -This is Bluehost’s most popular plan. It allows you to have unlimited websites and sub-domains. This makes it a good option for people who plan to build multiple blogs or websites. You also get unlimited email accounts and storage with this plan.
- Business Plus -In addition to all of the benefits of the Plus plan, with this one you get added amenities such as an SSL security certificate, one dedicated IP address, domain privacy and SiteBackup Pro for added security.
In addition to these shared hosting web hosting plans, you can also choose among several other options -WordPress Hosting, VPS (Virtual Private Server), Dedicated Servers and Reseller Hosting.
Conclusion: Is Bluehost Web Hosting a Good Value?
We’ve looked at some of the main features, pros and cons of Bluehost web hosting. Although it has a few drawbacks, it’s still one of the most experienced, reliable and economical web hosts you can choose. If you are looking for web hosting and considering Bluehost, it’s a good idea to browse their website and look over their different plans. Bluehost offers very good overall value for web hosting, so it’s definitely a choice worth considering.